Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pin Lanyard Memories

 I was cleaning out my closet today and I came across my pin lanyards.  It was great to see them again.  I haven't been using them for the last couple trips, since pin lanyards and babies don't always mix well.

Both of my pin lanyards have strong memories attached and are very special to me.  For many pin traders, lanyards are full of reminders of past Disney times.

My first pin lanyard is very sentimental.  I got it back in high school, when I first started to become interested in pin trading.

The pin at the bottom of the lanyard is Stitch dressed like Elvis and playing a guitar.  It was my first pin.  I was at Disney World with my mom and dad and we were waiting for Spectromagic to start.  We hadn't eaten dinner yet, so my dad went to Casey's to bring back hot dogs.

He showed up with a big tray of hot dogs and fries, and sitting right on top of my foil-wrapped hot dog was my Stitch pin.  I loved it.  It's probably still my favorite pin.

My second pin lanyard came to me with a dash of pixie dust.  I was with my husband and my dad watching the pre-show for Tower of Terror during the Year of a Million Dreams.

To our surprise, when the lights came back on, there was a Dream CM there, handing out special Year of a Million Dreams pin lanyards.

Naturally, I had to keep both lanyards.  It wasn't a very big problem, having two lanyards, because by that time, I had plenty of pins for both.

What memories are behind your favorite pins and lanyards?

No comments:

Post a Comment