Monday, August 8, 2011

Magical Beginings

It all started when I was five.  My grandparents took my brother and I to Disney World for the first time.

I was a beautiful little princess and the Magic Kingdom indulged my fairy tale fantasies perfectly.  

I loved the majestic Cinderella Castle and could easily imagine having sleepovers with Cinderella and Snow White.



I had my first taste of a Mickey bar and it was good.  I got chocolate all over my face and on my Minnie Mouse shirt, but it didn't matter.  Not at the Magic Kingdom.

After dark, we rode Cinderella's Carousel and I'll never forget the splendor of the carousel, all aglow with tons of little lights.  To this day, I can still remember which horse was mine.

We were leaving the park as the fireworks show started. I rode down Main Street on my grandpa's shoulders, having walked my little legs off during the day.  I had had the best day ever and I already couldn't wait to return to this magical place.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment